In connection with the difficult situation regarding the COVID-19 epidemic, we bring information about the support of home-office work and some eLearning news and tips – all together with Altair Engineering and Altair University.
We will present new or recommended webinars, eBooks, tutorials, and also information about free trial licenses and software evaluation support from Advanced Engineering.
Home Office support, trial licenses and software evaluation
During the current crisis with COVID-19, most companies in our region are forced to change their normal work mode to home office. To solve problems related to hardware and software infrastructure Advanced Engineering together with Altair (see its license support support information) offers
- for customers: to move my HyperWorks Units to Hosted HyperWorks Units (please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org)
- for cutomers: to provide temporary software licenses to be able to work remotely (please contact us on email@example.com)
- for all interested users: provision of Trial licenses for education and testing (contact us via contact form or directly). We are at your disposal and do not hesitate to contact us also with questions during testing, with benchmarks or your typical engineering tasks.
eLearning: webinars, tutorials, eBooks etc.
Static structural FE analysis
Tutorials and eLearning
Try Altair SimSolid
It has been half a year since Altair has been acquiring SimSolid and its unique calculation method, different from traditional FEM. Perhaps now is the right time to test analyses without simplifying geometry and without meshing. Evaluate its speed and especially suitability for your engineering problems. Ask for trial license, learn from tutorial, watch webinars and study more about the method in eBook or in other technical documents.
Information mentioned above and others you will find also in Altair Learning center, SimSolid Resources and on Altair University server.
Inspire Studio not only for industrial designers
Altair Inspire Studio – new product which replaces Evolve autumn will be appreciated not only by stylists, industrial designers and architects. It will also provide a very good service to engineers who want to optimize the design from the aesthetic point of view. They will use a unique combination of modeling tools in one software solution: sketching, parametric 2D and 3D-solid modeling to intuitive and accurate complex shape modeling using PolyNURBS technology. Engineers who can skip creation of standard drawings and who prepares their optimized designs directly to manufacturing, such as 3D printing, can cover complete design workflow within Inspire platform without using CAD system. If you prefer to stay with your current tools try at least rendering functionality.
- Altair Inspire Studio – introductory webinar prepared by Altair in cooperation with Design8 (reseller for Benelux). You will see and understand functionality range and how to use this application.
Video recordings and eLearning
FEA and composites
Shortly after the announcement of the postponement of JEC World 2020, Altair came up with a webinar series Walk Through the Journey of Advanced Composites with Altair. It covers these webinars:
All recordings will be available here.
There is still running a webinar series dedicated to EM field simulation, optimization of design antennas, 5G network design and electromagnetic compatibility solutions. Topics are
- Optimize Your Antenna Design Through Machine Learning
- Take Advantage of Characteristic Mode Analysis for Your Antenna Design
- Get One Step Ahead of 5G With Wireless Network Planning and Performance Analysis
- Solve Your EMC/EMI Problems Involving Cables
Registration and webinar recordings are available here.
eLearning in general